Cleaning the walls is crucial when getting your rental house/apartment ready for the final inspection. Stains and dirt on the walls could cause issues with getting back your security deposit at the end of your lease.
To ensure you get your full deposit back, pay special attention to the walls and use the right cleaning products and tools. Consider hiring end of lease cleaning professionals for a thorough cleaning; it’s one of the best ways to pass the final inspection.
Professionals know how to effectively remove tough stains, marks, and scuffs from every nook and cranny of your property. Here, we offer some simple yet useful tips to make cleaning easy.
Let’s get started:
Washing the Walls
This is the easiest way to keep your walls looking fresh and stain-free. Just follow these steps:
- Get a microfiber mop and prepare a soapy solution.
- Dip the mop into the soapy water.
- Wipe the walls from left to right and top to bottom.
For tougher stains, you can use a stronger homemade solution. Mix a cup of white vinegar, warm water, and dishwashing soap.
Tip: Avoid using ammonia-based or store-bought solutions with alcohol concentration. They can damage your painted walls and leave unwanted spots behind. Stick to these simple steps to maintain your walls’ cleanliness and appearance.
Sprucing up Painted Walls
Cleaning painted walls can be challenging because you must remove dirt and stains without fading the paint.
To start, follow these steps:
- Dust and loosen dirt from the wall using a microfiber cloth.
- Prepare a cleaning solution by mixing 2 litres of water with a few drops of dish detergent in a cleaning bucket. Shake it well and soak a sponge in the solution.
- Wring the sponge properly, clean the wall from top to bottom, move to the right side, and clean vertically again.
- Allow the wall to air dry after cleaning.
Tip: Ensure you clean the white baseboard regularly with a natural cleaner, as it gathers a significant amount of dust and dirt.
Removing Stains from Wallpapered Walls
Many people love the classy look of wallpapered walls inside their homes. However, over time, these walls gather dust and dirt, affecting their appearance. If you want to ensure you get your bond back, include wallpapered walls in your end of lease cleaning process. Follow the steps below:
- Start by removing the dust from the wall’s surface using a microfiber cloth, just like you would with any other wall.
- Before washing the walls, try water and homemade solution on a small area to see how the wallpaper reacts to the solvent.
- Clean the wall with warm, soapy water using a damp sponge. If the wallpaper is vinyl-coated, use a mixture of warm water and vinegar to clean it effectively.
Tip: To check if the wallpapers are washable, apply a water and soap solution to a corner of the walls. If the colour doesn’t fade, it’s washable. Otherwise, avoid washing it. For non-washable wallpapers, consider purchasing wallpaper dough from paint stores.
Cleaning Exterior Walls
Make sure to thoroughly clean the outside walls of your rented property. They are constantly exposed to sunlight, dust, and grime, making the whole property look dirty and dull. Follow these tips to spruce up the exterior walls easily:
- Use high-pressure cleaning methods.
- Choose the right detergent to remove stains effectively.
- Consider using a garden hose attachment for cleaning. A long-handled broom can also work wonders.
Tip: For oily or greasy stains on walls, use a biodegradable degreaser. Apply it directly to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
When it comes to end of lease cleaning, thoroughly cleaning the house walls is crucial to getting back your full bond amount. To ensure success, create a standard cleaning checklist and stick to it strictly. Consider these tips while sprucing up the walls.
For a stress-free and effective cleaning, it’s best to hire a professional company specialising in end of lease cleaning. Their expertise will streamline the process and help you secure your bond refund hassle-free.
If you are in Geelong, trust the experts at OZ Cleaning Geelong to ensure detailed and convenient end of lease cleaning solutions. Our experienced cleaners will make your work easy, from fixing issues to giving each surface a magnificent sparkle. So, you can easily transition into your new home without fussing over tedious tasks.