Ending a lease can be a demanding and nerve-wracking period for most tenants. You have to juggle numerous responsibilities while vacating the rental property. One crucial task among these is the end of lease cleaning, as a full bond refund depends on its thorough completion. Meeting the expectations of landlords and property managers is paramount to reclaiming your bond.
- Are soon-to-be departing tenant
- seek advice on end of lease cleaning
Then, you’ve landed on the perfect resource. The following end of lease cleaning tips can have a substantial impact on attaining exceptional results, ensuring a smooth transition.
Things to Keep in Mind for End of Lease Cleaning
Before getting started with end of lease cleaning, it’s important to make some preparations to ensure a smooth and successful clean.
You need to gather some necessary cleaning supplies and understand specific cleaning standards for each area of your home. Further, you can follow these tips to turn your rental property into a spotless haven:
Review Your Move-In Condition Report
When preparing for your end of lease cleaning, your move-in condition report becomes crucial. Grab the condition report provided to you at the beginning of your lease and read it thoroughly. This will provide you with a clear understanding of any pre-existing damages or cleanliness issues. You’re not bound to repair, replace, or clean items already documented in the report. This will simplify and organise your end of lease cleaning process.
Therefore, it’s highly recommended that tenants always take photographs of the property at the start of their lease. These photos can prove invaluable when the lease term ends, serving as evidence of the property’s initial condition.
Follow a Comprehensive Checklist
One of the most end of lease cleaning tips is to adhere to a thorough checklist. By following an end of lease cleaning checklist, you can guarantee that no cleaning or repair task goes unnoticed. Go through the entire property, room by room, and meticulously prepare your checklist.
Even end of lease cleaning professionals rely on a cleaning checklist. This ensures a deep clean of the property and offers a clear overview of completed tasks and those that still need attention.
Take Extra Care When Cleaning the Kitchen and Bathroom
Your kitchen and bathroom can get pretty dirty because they are exposed to dust, grime, grease, and hard water stains. These places can also develop slimy layers that attract harmful germs, like bacteria and viruses, causing illnesses.
To keep things clean and safe, spend more time and effort cleaning and disinfecting these areas. Don’t forget to tackle problems like limescale, hard water stains, and rust spots. Neglecting these spots is a common reason why renters lose their security deposits.
Choose the Low Moisture Method to Clean Curtains and Furniture
If you have curtains and other furniture in your rented home, you can clean them safely using a low moisture method. Mix water, a bit of dish soap, and rubbing alcohol in a bucket. Take a microfiber cloth or glove, dip it in the mixture, and squeeze out the excess liquid. Then, gently wipe down your curtains, drapes, pelmets, and furniture. This will remove most of the dust and dirt.
This method is excellent for making your furniture clean and fresh without the need for professional cleaners, especially when you’re doing an end of lease cleaning on your own.
Hire Pros for the Job
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or short on time to clean up when moving out, consider hiring professional end of lease cleaners. They come equipped with the right training and tools to handle any cleaning job.
You can also rely on end of lease cleaning professionals for deep cleaning and expert touch-ups if your rental place needs it. They use proven cleaning techniques to ensure spotless results.
As you get closer to your inspection day after following these end of tenancy cleaning tips, make sure you’ve cleaned every part of the place really well and met the expected standards. To be extra sure you’ll pass the inspection, go through your cleaning checklist carefully and complete everything on it. Here are a few more cleaning tips to help you out.
- Deep-Clean All Surfaces: Leave no surface untouched. Pay attention to countertops, shelves, windowsills, and tables. Wipe away all traces of dust, fingerprints, and residue to leave them smooth and gleaming.
- Clean and Polish Fixtures: Don’t overlook fixtures like faucets, sinks, doorknobs, and handles. Eliminate water spots and fingerprints for a gleaming, smudge-free appearance.
- Check for Marks on Walls: Inspect your walls closely for any marks, scuffs, or stains. Use appropriate methods, like gentle scrubbing with a mild cleaner or a magic eraser, to ensure they’re clean and blemish-free.
- Thorough Appliance Cleaning: Inside and out, give all appliances your full attention. Tackle ovens, stovetops, refrigerators, microwaves, and dishwashers with gusto. Ensure seals and handles are free from food debris, grease, and stains.
- Dust and Clean Every Nook: Remove dust from surfaces such as shelves, baseboards, window ledges, and light fixtures. Use a microfiber cloth or duster to reach every nook and cranny.
- Vacuum and Mop Floors: Remove dirt, debris, and pet hair. Focus on edges and corners. Then, deliver a finishing touch with a thorough mopping or steam-cleaning, leaving no streaks or residue behind.
- Windows and Mirrors: Make windows and mirrors sparkle. Use a glass cleaner and lint-free cloth to eliminate streaks and smudges. Welcome natural light without any obstructions.
- Odor Elimination: Address any lingering odours. Use air fresheners, open windows for ventilation, or opt for natural odour absorbers like baking soda. Ensure your space exudes a clean, fresh scent.
- Inspect for Missed Areas: Conduct a final walkthrough of your property. Assess each room and corner for any overlooked spots. If you spot dust, dirt, or unfinished tasks, address them immediately to guarantee a thorough clean.
So, ultimately end of lease cleaning is not just about tidying up; it’s a strategic move that can safeguard your hard-earned security bond.
By following these end of tenancy cleaning tips, you not only ensure a smooth transition out of your rented property but also leave a lasting impression on your landlord.
Remember, meticulous cleaning is the key to a stress-free exit, and it’s a small price to pay for a full bond refund. So, gather your cleaning supplies and start with end of lease cleaning!
And if you aren’t confident about your cleaning skills or just don’t have time, you can trust OZ Cleaning Geelong to ensure a deep clean and full bond back. Our cleaning experts use advanced cleaning tools and apply specialised methods to custom-clean each area of the rental property. Reach out to us today and ensure your security bond is in safe hands!